New project to report!
While I should be showering and unloading and loading the dishwasher, I’d much rather blog about one of my new projects. I even remembered before and after pictures!
We have those ugly wire shelves in our pantry – and they were super packed and unorganized which made them look even worse. I found a Pinterest project to help fix them that I thought I could handle.
All I used was foam board and contact paper. Well, and a little tape and a box cutter. The blog post I followed used a cute chevron pattern contact paper, but all I could find that I liked at Home Depot was this wood looking one. Actually, I’m glad I used what I did. It looks great!
So, here’s the before….
I basically just cut the foam board to lay flat on the top of the shelf, then cut a strip and taped it to the front. Then I covered the whole piece with contact paper. The first one I made had a lip that was too short. You could see the shelf peeking out below.
This angle doesn’t show the shelf peeking out too badly, but I decided to redo this one and the others to make it longer on the front. Here’s the finished product!
I didn’t do the top shelf primarily because I ran out of foam board since I messed up and made the first one too short. But, I kind of like having all that open space. In retrospect, I wish I would’ve painted the inside of the pantry – I think it would’ve looked nicer.
I’m not going to take a picture of how messy the contact paper actually looks up close – since it’s dark in the pantry, it is really forgiving on how many bubbles and lines I made putting it down and “smoothing” it out. Worked well for me since I am not a perfectionist by any means!
So, it took me 2 days because I didn’t start one night until after 8pm and decided to go to bed after I made 2, and I finished up the next night pretty quick. I just didn’t work on them until Jackson was already down for bed.
Easy, which I love, and I think it is definitely an upgrade!